Delta Airlines is launching some new features in its latest mobile application – Fly Delta- which are expected to make the check-in process easier and convenient for its passengers. These features are:
- Expand “auto check-in” to international flights
- Offer integrated security wait times for Laguardia and Seattle-Tacoma airports
The “auto check-in” feature of the Fly Delta app was earlier done for domestic passengers two years back and on receiving a very positive feedback about its usefulness, it is also being launched for the international flights later in this year.
Using this feature, the passengers are automatically checked in 24 hours before their scheduled flight departure time and they receive an email or push notification alert to open the Fly Delta app and enter or confirm the passport details. Once the passport details are confirmed or entered, the passenger can move on the use the other features such as checking bags, changing seats, purchasing services and accessing the boarding pass.
The second major change to the Delta app will be for providing wait times for various checkpoints at airports. To begin with, this feature is being provided only for Seattle-Tacoma and Laguardia airports. Since the passengers will be able to know the wait times at various security checkpoints at airport, they can select their lines for faster clearance.
Besides these two changes, the Fly Delta app will include the following:
- Specific color accent would be fixed with each fare type (BE, MC, DC+, DS/FC, DO) and the same will be mirrored at the airport with same colors and signs. This will help in recognizing which fare type has been bought and their boarding time.
- Delta One and First Class travelers on domestic flights are choose meal up to 21 days in advance. Right now this feature is not present in the App.
- Provision of “Message Us” tool inside the App for getting in touch with airline customer support.
- Provision of accessing “carbon calculator” which will let customers offset carbon emissions associated with trips and invest in sustainability projects.
The features are expected to be useful for the passengers for checking in without hassles.